Only goods that have been purchased from the Seller and that are the property of the Buyer may be claimed. If the ownership right has not yet passed from the Seller to the Buyer, the Seller reserves the right to process the claim only after full payment of the price of the goods.
If the buyer is a consumer (a natural person who is not acting within the scope of his/her business activity, employment or profession), a warranty period of 24 months applies to all products offered, unless otherwise stated, and begins on the date of receipt of the goods by the buyer or on the date of provision of the service to the buyer.
If the buyer is not a consumer, the provisions of the Commercial Code apply and the warranty period is 12 months and begins on the date of receipt of the goods by the buyer or the date of provision of services to the buyer.
If the manufacturer of the respective product provides a shorter warranty period than the above, i.e. less than 24 months or less than 12 months (so-called warranty according to stricter principles than the general regulation), then the seller also provides the buyer only with such a shorter warranty period.
The Seller is liable for defects in the goods and/or services in accordance with Sections 622 and 623 of the Civil Code. The Buyer is obliged to file a claim immediately with the Seller, as soon as the defect is detected. The Buyer may file a claim either on paper or electronically to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Each shipment is accompanied by an invoice – proof of payment for the goods/service, which also serves as a warranty card. The Buyer sends or personally delivers the claimed goods together with the proof of payment and the description of the defect to MTE, s.r.o., located at Stefanikova 772/75, 085 01 Bardejov, Slovakia. The Seller shall acknowledge receipt of the notification of the complaint by sending an acknowledgement to the Buyer’s e-mail address without delay. In the case of a legitimate complaint, the Seller undertakes to settle the complaint within 30 days of its receipt and to issue the Buyer with a proof of settlement of the complaint.
Liability for defects does not apply if the defect is due to:
- mechanical damage to the product caused by the buyer,
- improper handling of the product in a manner other than that specified in the instructions for use,
- use of the goods in conditions that do not correspond to the natural environment of the goods in terms of humidity, chemical and mechanical influences,
- neglect of the care and maintenance of the goods,
- damage to goods by excessive loading,
- use of the goods in violation of the conditions stated in the documentation, general principles, technical standards or safety regulations or other breach of warranty conditions,
- force majeure or natural disaster,
- normal wear and tear of the goods (or part thereof) caused by the use of the goods.